Clay Sculpture Workshop: Make Your Mate out of Clay, Sat 24th of July in Surry Hills
In this fun, Sydney workshop, you will be guided on how to sculpt a little portrait of the person you know or want to create by capturing their most prominent features.
You can come with your "workshop partner" and sculpt each other on the spot or bring a photograph of the person you want to sculpt. You can absolutely make your imaginary friend too, I will help you do it.
Venue: Bustle Studios, click here for address.
Time: Saturday, 24th July 10 am- 12:30pm
You will first have a good laugh, then learn something about realistic sculpting and finally get to take home your very original and one of a kind artwork. Every single mini-bust has a lot of character and its own beauty!
Idea is that everyone receives an anatomically correct skull set on the sculpture stand so that you have the base covered and we can focus on the character development.
One of the major differences between applied (such as pottery making) and fine arts is that in the fine arts there are no strict rules that could make our project unsuccessful or "failed" to serve its function.
During the class, I will be sculpting with you and will demonstrate everything in order to follow and guide you in your progress. I will go from one person to another and just nudge them in the right direction, without trying to drag you away from your own expression.
We will be sculpting out of air-dry clay so that you can take your piece home and you can paint your portrait if you wish to do so.
All levels Welcome.
- Air drying clay block suitable for a small portrait (WED Clay)
- Variety of different shaped metal and wooden sculpting tools to use
- Wooden sculpture stand
- Polymer mini skull for your base
- Oxides and acrylic paints for patina
- Chilled water, coffee, tea and biscuits provided
- A friend or a photograph of a person who is going to be your muse for the class!
- BYO drinks if you wish
- Upon booking, you will receive an automated purchase confirmation from this website that will not show the venue details, please come back to this listing to check the venue and time details. Once the workshop is sold out (or by 24 hours prior to workshop) you will receive a welcome email with detailed heads up on what to expect/ bring. Another email, a step-by-step guide on firing and glazing your piece will be sent to you upon completion of the workshop.
If you need to cancel your ticket, monetary refunds are issued up to 14 days prior to workshop, due to expenses of hiring space and material/travel expenses. Cancellations on later date are eligible for online classes that are held regularly and include a craft box with everything you need for the class delivered to your address.
Online classes are live and interactive, very successful way of learning, held over Zoom.
For more about online classes (Live Streaming), click here.